Friday, October 30, 2009

Oh! That's new.


Tomorrow marks our 3rd week of marriage. It feels like quite a bit longer than that, but in a good way. Or rather, in a "I'm adjusting to living together" kind of way. There are a few things I've learned about Mike in these last three weeks. Some are cute and quirky while others are down right frightening.
#1 Sleeping Habits
Mike thrashes in his sleep like a shark in a cage. Most people gently, slowly and comfortably roll over or change sides in their sleep. Mike, however, does a full body, horizontal, rotating, jump-thrust with arms and legs flailing about. His most impressive act during his sleep, however, I dont usually even notice until morning. Somehow, he manages to not only pull his pillow case half off, but also rotate it so that the seams are on the center of the pillow.


I have a heck of a time getting those pillow cases on and off when I do laundry. I tug and toss and jossle and wiggle..... Maybe I should solicit his help for this more often.

#2 Doing Dishes
We decided before we were even married that he would do the dishes when I made dinner. My mistake was not deciding when he would be doing those dishes. I came home from work today and found some undone dishes in the sink. Although they were dirty, I couldnt help but smile at how he "arranged" them.

Very nice. Thank You.

#3 Furniture Arrangement
He is currently using a coffee table as a night stand. Ladies- I've tried. I really have. But he makes a valid point in that we dont really have a better option at the moment. But it's a coffee table.... as a night stand! I mean just look at it. It's ridiculous.


Not to mention all 5,000 motorcycle magazine strewn about on it. Dont even get me started. Oh, the things I do for love.

But he does hang is towel up very nicely every morning whereas mine just hangs over the bedroom door. I am well aware that there will be infinitely more encounters such as these in the years to come. Cant wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment